Escaping Our Shadows

Add Reply
New Poll

what tomorrow brings, tag: gio || cryssie <33
DRUID · 133 Posts
Posted on: Feb 3 2017, 04:19 PM
Played by Angie · 21 years · Druid · pre-med student
Careful creature made friends with time He left her lonely with a diamond mind And those ocean eyes

in the middle of the night;
tag: Giovanni Callahan | outfit: click
She could not believe how far she had to drive to get some Sweetgrass. "Way to go mom for making me drive out of town to get literally one thing." she grumbled to herself, pausing in her one-woman-car-concert to complain, one hand on the wheel and the other propping her tilted head up as her elbow leaned against the window. The pleasant sound of Brendon Urie filling her car as she tried to navigate the dark New Orleans roads through the torrential downpour that had apparently decided it wanted to make her life just that much harder.

She winced as she passed over a deep pothole, the sound wracking through the vehicle. "Goddamn. Can't see anything out here." she muttered, straightening herself up, lowering the volume of the radio, and placing both hands on the wheel as the already heavy rain only seemed to get heavier.

The winding backgrounds were familiar, not in the sense that she had necessarily been down these particular ones before, but rather she had driven on small, narrow (badly paved) back roads all her life. It was the hazard of living in such a small town. New Orleans was, quite obviously, much bigger than her sleepy little hometown back in Washington State.

A roll of thunder rumbled loudly, making her jump in her seat. Only a moment later did she truly feel fear like she had never felt before. In the middle of the road there stood a figure, but she had spotted much too late. She swerved wildly, but despite the action, she felt the car collide hard with whatever, whoever had been in the road.

She braked hard, her chest heaving in panic before putting her car in park and throwing the door open, climbing out frantically and nearly tripping over her own legs in the attempt. Immediately she could feel herself become soaked to the bone. Only clad in a pair of jeans and a crop top with a cardigan to keep her warm, the brunette instinctively drew her arms around herself. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. My insurance definitely does not cover manslaughter. Oh shit, dad would kill me, shit." she said under her breath frantically as she circled around her car until she made it to the back, a prone form on the ground revealing itself to be a man.

Maggie knelt down to be at the man's level. "Oh god. Uh...Sir? Are you alright? I mean, I know I just railed you with my car so you're probably not that alright but like...you're alive right? Breathing? Feeling particularly generous so as to not press charges?"

INDISPOSED · 41 Posts
Posted on: Feb 6 2017, 06:57 PM
Played by Cryssie · 29 years · Hybrid · Protector/Friend
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don
530 for Margaret Holt
First watch Rebekah all day, then make sure Hope get to the bayou safely. Gio’s work was never done lately. Niklaus had him running all sorts of errands for him.Not that young hybrid was complaining, he just didn’t have as much down time as he had after the left Mystic Falls. Niklaus had handled most of his Marcel business himself, and Elijah looked after Hayley. Then there was Rebekah who always thought that he was her pet. She was also the only of the Mikaelson siblings that he couldn’t stand. Okay he wasn’t fond of what Mikael, Esther and Finn tried to do back in Mystic Falls either, but it was definitely better than listening to Rebekah whine about some boy she’d really liked, Mark, Mike? Whatever it was. Gio had started to drown her out more often than not these days.

Lady Mikaelson had been a bit strange the past few days as well. Roaming around the compound talking to herself, snapping at the most random times. Gio always knew she was crazy. He also only really listened to Elijah. Niklaus he had no choice, he didn’t mind either, the guy had saved him from shifting every moon. Even explained the whole werewolf thing. Gio had no idea about it until that day. He thought something had bit him or he’d been injected with something, but it was killing his step dad that had done the trick.

Now he was here, walking through this horrendous downpour trying to find the baby Mikaelson so he didn’t get maimed or killed by Niklaus. It wasn’t hard to see through the darkness and rain, but hearing was a bit more difficult. Especially as the was a loud clap of thunder. So as the hybrid stepped out into the road he hadn’t heard the car coming. Which was his bad, he should have checked, but since coming into his hybrid abilities Gio had become more careless than he was in his youth. The vehicle slammed into him, hard, knocking him over. Pain shot through his body as he felt a few bones break and his shoulder dislocate.

In the time that it took the driver to get out and join him a few of his bones healed, he had tried to hastily set his shoulder back, but failed not wanting the girl to see him heal. He could make out silent cursing, but not the words or full sentences. Gio arched a brow at the girl kneeling before him, tempted to compel her to just go on her way that he was fine. He was fine, but he voted to try to console her. ”Yeah, no. I’m fine. See?” He moved his arms up and down, big mistake. He winced very slightly as his shoulder popped back out of place. ”Dammit.” He hissed. He dropped his arms back into his lap holding his arm. ”I swear I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I won’t press charges. You’re good.” His country accent floated up to her as he spoke. He also avoided meeting her eyes wishing to just go back to his original task.

notes: Sorry it's kind bleh! Still not 100% OUTFIT
DRUID · 133 Posts
Posted on: Feb 6 2017, 09:56 PM
Careful creature made friends with time He left her lonely with a diamond mind And those ocean eyes
Maggie what the fuck you just hit a person a real life person why the fuck did you go all Grand Theft Auto on him? What the fuck

The brunette had a look of perpetual panic on her face, trying her best to shove her inner monologue that was quickly beginning to sound like Stiles in her head (something she was beginning to feel horrified about) to the back of her mind. She felt herself relax considerably when she spotted him move. That was good. Moving was good. Moving meant not dead. But another little problem presented itself before her as she knelt down before him and did a quick, calculating scan of his body.

He was healing.

Her immediate response was to groan and ask herself Why me, but she contained herself, pushing the urge away and opting to maybe do so in the comfort of her own room the minute she was able to get back home safely. Her second response was oh shit considering she had left her trusty seemingly bottomless bag filled with whatever kind of druid-y shit she deemed worthy to carry around constantly back in the passenger seat of her car in her panic coming out here. Her guard was immediately flung up, it did nothing to take away from her concern for the injured man, but she didn't know what kind of situation she had just landed herself in (and she had the bad habit of landing herself in pretty bad situations.

Maggie watched with scrutinizing eyes as before her, his skin knitted itself together, healing over the damage she had unwittingly inflicted upon the poor guy. She winced along with him, an empathetic expression of sympathy etching itself into her features. Her sharp gaze immediately flew to his shoulder, which was jutting out unnaturally. Pursing her lips, she raised a hand to push her dark wet hair out of her eyes and shook her head. "You've got a funny definition of fine. That definitely looks dislocated and you can't just walk around with it like that." she said, concern bleeding into her tone. "I know I just hit you with my car, and that's not the greatest thing to base trust on, but I can set that back properly if you want me to?" she asked, eyes almost pleading.

The very least she could do for the guy was help his healing process, as freakishly fast as it was. "Or I can drive you to the hospital if you'd rather I just...ya know...fuck off basically." she shrugged. That was a little bit of a test if she were being completely honest. His healing was way too fast for it to be particularly natural. She couldn't tell what the guy was this early on, but if he denied basic health care after being hit by a car, that was probably sure fire sign that he was supernatural. Leaning in a little closer, to try and catch the guy's eye she offered him a sheepish smile and lifted her shoulder in a half shrug. "So what do you say?"

INDISPOSED · 41 Posts
Posted on: Feb 7 2017, 09:25 PM
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don
460 for Margaret Holt
Okay so his shoulder actually hurt like hell, and he was soaked. The last thing he wanted was to sit here with this girl going back and forth. However she did seem quite concerned with his condition, most humans would have. At least he assumed she was human. Nothing so far seemed to tell him otherwise. Though, aside from the rain, he thought that she would have blamed him for crossing an unmarked road. Called him crazy at least, but that wasn’t the case. Though, this reminded him of when he was younger, a teenager running with the wrong crowd one night. They’d just stole a bunch of alcohol from a corner store and ran for the hills. Gio was too amped for his own good when he got bumped by a car stopping at a red light. Didn’t do much damage, bruised hip bone for a while, but the driver was livid about a bunch of kids running across the middle of a street at night.

Not one of his best times, but he never had too many of those after his mom remarried. Arrogant bastard, Killian was. He deserved what he got, and Gio was free of him. Unfortunately so was his mom. The girl’s voice rang through his thoughts. ”Even if you didn’t hit I doubt I could trust such a pretty face. Those tend to get me into a lot of trouble.” Gio used his good arm to push his hair from his face finally meeting her eyes. ”But if you’d like to give it a shot be my guess.” He watched her carefully. Contemplating thinking. Compulsion really would get him out of this sooner. He was sure Hope had made it safely, but he had to make sure. It wouldn’t have been a problem if he was on his way back to the compound and got held up, but life hated him just that much.

Straightening up a bit, he held her gaze. ”I’m not a fan of hospitals. Never liked them as a kid. But I really wouldn’t mind if you did, ya’know, fuck off. Get in your car and go back to whatever it is you were doing before you hit me. Forget about me.” He focused in on the command, his pupils dilating and returning to normal size as he compelled her. Or assumed he had. He started to stand up, checking for anymore oncoming traffic. He didn’t need them attracting any unwanted attention. If it stayed between the two of them, okay well just him since the girl would forget anyway, the better. He hadn’t raised any red flags in the city just yet and he didn’t plan on starting now.

notes: Sorry it's shorter x.x OUTFIT
DRUID · 133 Posts
Posted on: Feb 7 2017, 09:55 PM
The tall brunette gave the man an unimpressed look at the backhanded compliment. In another situation she would've made a terrible joke about the fact that he was (kind of) hitting on her after she literally hit him with her car. She snorted and rolled her eyes. "In my experience it's not so much the pretty face's fault as much as it's the fault of the douche who can't swallow his pride for a minute." she retorted, ignoring the little voice in the back of her mind stating the very unhelpful observation of Douche has got nice eyes.

Before she could really give an answer to him, he seemed to have made his mind up as he straightened up, not breaking eye contact with her. As he made to stand up, she did the same, determined to not break the gaze he was holding, almost as if it was a power play, a challenge. His denial for formal medical care only seemed to solidify her belief that the man before her wasn't normal. But what came next was just the frosting on the cake. He spoke to her, his voice strong and clear and focused, she could clearly see his pupils dilate and she knew immediately what he was trying to do, an explanation from a passage in one of her books coming to the forefront of her mind, almost verbatim. "Mind Compulsion is an ability typically seen in creatures such as the Siren, the Vampire, and occasionally certain Witches, to control the mind of another simply through eye contact. Often distinguishable through the dramatic dilation and contraction of the pupils."

Pursing her lips, the lanky girl waiting until he had stood fully, only muttering the words "I...will forget..." she muttered quietly before she moved quickly, grabbing onto his bad arm and forcing the joint back into its proper place with expert precision, using more force than she needed (although she doubted it was anything that would actually rival that of whatever this guy was). She took a few steps back from him just as soon as she had relocated his joint, holding her hands up in an almost placating way as she raised her shoulders in a shrug.

Maggie's head tilted slightly in disbelief, her eyes flashing in irritation, one groomed brow raising in a scrutinizing fashion she knew Lydia would be proud of. "Oh please, did you just try to...Was that an attempt at compulsion?" she asked, her annoyance clear in her voice. "Damn, at least buy me some dinner first. Or like...a name. Compulsion is such an intimate thing after all, all that intense eye contact." she rolled her eyes. She dropped her hands, only to raise one to once again push her wet hair out of her face, getting frustrated at the dark, curly strands plastering themselves to her face. "Such a shame I'm so jacked up on Vervain you probably wouldn't be able to compel me to do something I want to do."

INDISPOSED · 41 Posts
Posted on: Feb 8 2017, 11:13 PM
531 for Margaret Holt
Her sass caused him to smirk. So maybe he found her a little bit attractive and hoped to get out of this with a little bit of charm, but she seemed to be uninterested. That wasn’t something new to him. Girls had shot him down before, but that didn’t stop the blonde from trying. ”You don’t even know me and I’m suddenly a douche bag?” He responded. ”As far as my pride goes I don’t think that’s got anything to do with it. I’ve just got a lot of confidence.” He flashed her a cheeky grin.

With a little compulsion and a little sweet talk Gio had talked his way out of loads of situations. That was all thanks to Klaus. If the older hybrid hadn’t taught him how to properly utilize his powers he’d have still had a lot of drinks dumped on him. Gio was average when it came to women before becoming a hybrid. He went with his gut typically and learned the hard way that not all girls were into him the way he’d liked to think once upon a time. He’d thought he had the girl under his trance, but he’d been so wrong. She shoved his shoulder back into place in a swift movement. It made the usual popping sound as he winced at the action. ”Damn.” He swore again before turning his bewildered look onto the girl. ”How did-” His eyes narrowed as she started to speak. His expression reciprocating the annoyance in her voice. It was rare that he had come across anyone on vervain.

”Dinner? There isn’t a reason for you to know my name. Compulsion is not as ‘intimate’ as you think it is. It’s a survival skill. One most like to use for more than survival, but still.” He huffed at the end of his sentence. Who was this chick, and how, or why did she know about vervain? No way she was a hunter, she would have tried to take his head off by now. Or was she without weapons? Gio knew better than to underestimate someone. His first instinct was to just snap her neck, but that wouldn’t end well if there were other hunters. A witch maybe? After spending loads of time with the Mikaelsons he knew that some witches liked their vervain and if they had friends they cared about, like that Bennett witch, they’d have them on it too. Too many options as well as risks. What was he going to do?

His shoulder no longer hurt, likely completely healed as he stared at the girl before him. ”Well then what do you want? I’m not hurt, so not in pressing charges. I can’t compel you to just be on your way and forget this.” Gio looked down at where he’d collided with the car, there wasn’t any damage done. He definitely wasn’t about to let his curiosity get the best of him. He done that once before and it landed him with the hybrid king snapping his neck. Immortal or not that was never fun to endure.

notes: OUTFIT
DRUID · 133 Posts
Posted on: Jan 31 2018, 05:01 PM
Maggie had always had an issue with the whole "don't talk to strangers" rule. Having grown up with such strange shit, it never seemed like a priority to her. It had been something that drove her father insane, her mother simply owning up to the fact that she probably inherited it from her, but doing nothing to comfort her father when she decided to go on a little stroll to converse with the strange man who hung out in front of his police station.

The bad habit seemed to transcend the ages, however, as she seemed overly invested in making sure this guy was alright. Although, on second thought, it really wasn't being overly invested, she hoped that anyone who ran over a person would make sure that they'd be alright. Even if they were acting like a total prideful jerk, she couldn't help but react with a roll of her eyes as he announced that it wasn't pride so much as it was confidence.

But he soon lost that confidence when she resisted his attempt at compulsion and swiftly popped his shoulder back into place, unable to keep the smug smirk from her lips as he swore loudly, turning to look at her with confusion and suspicion. She rolled her eyes once more at his retort at her sorry attempt and making a joke. "I know it's not intimate. It's manipulative, I was being sarcastic, but seeing as I just ran you over with my car, I'll forgive you for not picking up on it." she pursed her lips, squinting against the large drops of water falling into her eyes.

She shook her head at his question, throwing her hands up in a vague gesture. "I didn't say I wanted anything, You're the one who tried to compel me, very rude by the way." she lifted a finger to point accusingly at him with narrowed eyes. Crossing her arms in a terrible attempt to keep warm in the torrential downpour, she raised an eyebrow. "Also, you're welcome about the shoulder."

INDISPOSED · 41 Posts
Posted on: Jan 31 2018, 06:46 PM
398 for Margaret Holt
Just who was this girl anyway? She was on vervain and popped his shoulder back in place. She definitely had a mouth on her that was frankly starting to piss the hybrid off. Perhaps he’d play nice so she’d leave him be. Was it too late for that? Had he already been too much of an ass about everything? Nah. He didn’t think so, he knew when he was being overly rude and he certainly hadn’t let that out on the dark haired female before him. ”You sure have a lot to say back.” he huffed at her statement. Her explanation had been so trivial to him. He didn’t much care if it was sarcasm, something he thought she needed to work on a bit. Especially if she planned on using it while being concerned about the next person she hit.

In fact to him she was beginning to sound like a mini version of Rebekah. God forbid he’d had to drag the barbie around with him when this happened. He’d never hear the end of it and she’d make a new friend. They’d likely start making remarks about him. Rebekah would be as condescending as usual. He honestly could stand that blonde bimbo most days. Gio rose to his feet now towering over the girl. ”Look, you have your way of thinking I have mine. Compulsion, more often than not is a good thing.” He folded his arms, ”You might just be some random human that was unfortunate enough to know about it, and think it’s all bad. Your choice. Had it not been for that vervain, you’d probably never even see me again.” Even if he had successfully compelled her and he did run into her again she’d have no idea about this encounter.

Now it was Gio’s turn to roll his eyes, he did have to be somewhat grateful that she fixed his shoulder a hell of a lot better than he had, but she still annoyed him. ”Fine. Thanks. Whatever.” he brushed off an very informal thank you, not really wanting to but knowing it’d probably provoke her to go continue on with this rude thing. ”I can actually be quite pleasant, not like you’d ever find out.” Little did he know, he would be running into this blue eyed girl again.

notes: OUTFIT
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Code 8HH
Dangerous LiaisonsHogwarts For EternityA marvel infinity war rp
<% theaffs %>
skin by luna @ caution/shine. code script by jawn @ back to neverland